Americos Anti-Ozone is originally formulated to provide excellent ozone fastness. It is carefully blended to achieve special Anti-Ozone chemistry while containing efficient waxing property to prohibit damage on the colour and ozone fastness when treated material is exposed to the sun.
Americos Anti-Ozone to a certain extent can also act as an excellent and economically sewing/napping lubricant exhibiting high heat stability designed to dramatically improve the sewing and napping performance of goods made from cellulosic, wool and synthetic fibers. This product not only reduces equipment failure rates but also imparts a soft hand to the treated fabricFeatures :
- Is primarily designed to improve ozone fastness
- Also recommended for exhaust and padding operation
- Produces a soft, full handle.
- Exhibits no tendency for sublimation.
- Does not influence the shade or fastness properties of dyed goods
- Does not affect the whiteness of brightened goods
- Minimizes needle breakage and optimizes machine efficiency
- Improves ozone fastness
|Appreance||translucent, whitish liquid|
|Chemical description||high density polyethylene dispersion|
|Ionic character||slightly cationic|
|Specific gravity (g/cc)||0.95 - 1.05 (25°C/77°F)|
|pH (as is)||5.5 - 7.0|
|Dilatability||unlimited with cold water|Storage stability:
|Acids||good to pH 2.0|
|Bases||good to pH12.0|
|Hardness||good to 40° g|
|Resin systems||good, check before using|
freezes below 0°C/32°F, but is fully effective after thawing. Avoid prolonged storage over 50°C/ 120°F ApplicationPadding process:
10-60 g/l Americos Anti-Ozone
Pad on dry goods (100% pick-up) at room temperature
Dry conventionally Exhaust process:
lR=5 - 30 to 1
1-6% Americos Anti-Ozone (based on weight of goods)"
For cellulosic fibers, pH: 6 - 7 with acetic acid or sodium bicarbonate.
For synthetics, pH: 7.5 - 9.0 with sodium bicarbonate or soda ash. Temperature 32° - 54°C/90°-130°F, 15 - 20 minutes, hydros extract and dry conventionally
Due to excellent compatibility, Americos Anti-Ozone can be used in all common finishing formulations
If stripping of the fabric is required, Americos Anti-Ozone can be removed as follows
1.0 - 2.0 g/l detergent
1.0 - 2.0 g/l soda ash Run 30 minutes at 70°-90°C/158°-194°F Rinse. Storage & Handling Precautions :
Technical Service :
- Americos Anti-Ozone should be stored below or at ambient temperature
- Avoid storing in direct sunlight
- The shelf-life of Americos Anti-Ozone is one year if stored below 40°C
- The usual precaution in keeping chemicals away from eyes and skin should be observed
Information covering specific application of this product is available. Americos Industries will work with customers to enhance processes and solve problems.Additional Information:
- Item Code: Americos-Anti-Ozone